About Me

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Dangers of Streptococcus

Most people know how to differentiate Strep from a sore throat. Not to mention a higher severity of pain, Strep starts with the immediate onset of immense throat pain. Many other virus's and bacteria's will cause a sore throat, but they usually come on a day or two after sniffles, congestion or coughs.
What many people do not know is that if Strep is left untreated, the bacteria really loves to travel further into your body and attack your heart or kidneys! This is why the treatment of Strep with antibiotics is so important. I learned this the hard way. After having strep for over a week, I started to notice some other more embarrassing symptoms that did not seem quite normal for strep. I then spent 3 hours at the insta-care waiting for a prescription of antibiotics and to learn the above mentioned information. I not only had a Strep throat infection, I now also had Pyelonephritis. Its been a rough two weeks. I can't wait for spring weather and good health to come and stay!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to know how to tell the difference and glad you are feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you hate Insta-care? It's a minimum of 3 hours every time. Glad you figured out what was going on. Get feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails