About Me

Monday, June 22, 2009

More Painting

Saturday, my husbands family came down for the afternoon to help me paint the living room. I had taken out one of the bookshelves entirely, and emptied the other pretty well. I had even emptied most of the buffet drawers so that it was possible to move it. Its always surprising what you find behind large pieces of furniture that haven't moved in several years, miscellaneous crayons, train engines, matchbox cars, bouncy balls, I even found MarioKart for the DS! Wahoo!!! With their help we got the walls all painted before we went as a family to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House and dinner at Outback SteakHouse. Once we got home around 11, I was way to stuffed to bother going to bed, so I grabbed the trim paint and went to work again. In retrospect, painting in the middle of the night, in a room that only has one light, when you are tired isn't the best idea. Several spots needed to be touched up the next morning. After making a big Fathers Day breakfast in Bed with the kids, I went to work getting the ceiling. Thank Goodness for handle extensions! Kolton was ever so nice and finished all of the edging on the ceiling, even though it should have been his day to relax. I'm so glad, I'm not sure my shoulders or neck could have handled any more painting above my head! As soon as the plastic gets removed and the furniture is moved back, I'm sure the room will look fabulous! Thanks so much to my wonderfully family!

While the white paint and supplies were out, I gave the front door a few coats too. I'm not sure I really like the new look. Its very vanilla. Of course, when you are used to the same front door for 5 years, change takes a bit to get used to, right? What do you think?

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails