About Me

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Herb garden


For the past two days, the children and I have been constructing, filling and planting a herb garden! This is right outside of our back door; off of the patio.
I reused the many blocks that were partially lining my patio to make the perimeter. I think it looks much better for this use.
We mixed the soil using equal parts of peat moss, multiple manures and vermiculite as recommended by Mel as the 'perfect soil' for raised beds. The kids really liked that part!
We have planted Rosemary, Thyme, Cilantro, 2 Basils, and 2 Chives along with our Tomato plants and marigolds.
The place where we planted our tomato plants last year did not receive enough sunlight.... and taking into consideration that I might not actually get another gardening space put in this spring for the tomatoes, I thought they could cuddle up with the herbs.
I woke up this morning to Khali telling me that she'd already gone and watered our herb garden. I love my daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails