About Me

Friday, May 21, 2010

Reusable Snack Bags - 2.0

The first few bags where so much fun, and I had the supplies sitting and waiting, that I knew I'd make more. So after dinner had settled, and the wheels in my head had more time to turn, I called my mom to run my new idea past her. Of course I talked to my Mother-in-Law as well. They are both wonderful consultants and extremely patient when I am trying my hardest to turn my thoughts and images into communicable words.
Instead of a flat bag, I wanted to put a pleat at the bottom of the bag, like the old fashioned fold over sandwich bags. Does anyone remember those? My wonderful mom thought that it would both put less stress on the side seams of the bag, and also help with functionality. What neither of us realized is that it also makes it so the bag can 'sit' on the counter when you fill it, and also in a child's lap helping to prevent spills. This is definitely the way I'll make the bags from now on.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails