I am a procrastinator. I over plan, and under achieve. This should be the vinyl saying on my craft walls.
I bought a terry cloth fitted sheet when I was pregnant with Abigail. I did get it died as an experiment that wasn't all that successful as the brown is streaky, but the cover looks better brown than the yucky cream it came to me in. Unfortunately, it didn't fit my changing pad, since it was a standard fitted crib sheet. I tried to keep the excess fabric tucked under the pad, but honestly, I'm not that detail oriented! I just used it as it was, and didn't really put much more thought into it.
Nesting comes in different forms, and for me, this just needed to be fixed. Tonight!
So while Kolton read The Storm Testament II to the family for bedtime, I turned the cover inside out and put the sheet onto the changing mat. That allowed me to easily pin 4 places to sew new box corners and also able to cut the excess sheet away leaving an extra 1/2 inch allowance hanging past the table. I also pinned where to sew 2 button holes for the safety belt to be threaded through. That only took a chapter.
Once the kids were brushing their teeth and heading to bed, I quickly sewed the new seams for the box corners and 2 button holes. Then I took underwear elastic and zig-zag stitched that around the entire bottom of the sheet pulling the elastic taught around each corner. 15 minutes :) tops for this... and it only took me about 2 years to actually get done :)