About Me

Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Surprising First

As a mom of 5 kids, new things (kid wise) rarely happen to me.  Today, was a different story.  I had already taken the younger 4 costume shopping but Khali was still without so this morning we packed up the diaper bag, both babies and took off to go shopping.  We were looking for a Witch or a Native American on the 4 round racks of costumes.  I let Abigail out of the cart to walk around the costumes and 'help' while I held Zander.  A few minutes into shopping, Abigail went behind one rack, and came out shortly behind another rack completely buck naked.   The child had taken off both shoes, her underwear, and her dress!

Of course, at this point, Zander was no longer happy either and was beginning to fuss.  Khali went to search for her clothes, which were deposited in a few places while I promptly sat on the floor and trapped her with my legs, the whole time trying to calm Zander down unsuccessfully.  It might have been only my perception, but Khali took a very long time finding the clothes!  Khali sat next to me on the floor and held Zander, while I wrestled Abigail's clothes back onto her under major protest.  Two children crying the entire time.  I have no idea how many people stopped in Awe, or got in their giggle for the day, I was too busy trying to dress the nudist!


I really wish that I could have taken a picture of this moment to tease her with later in life, but alas, my hands were too full!  I think my next shopping trip, I'll just take Zander and leave the rest of the troops home.

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny! Kerry you are so awesome! I don't know how you do it but you do and with a great additude.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails